I have tried to run Sharepoint site collection. When I went to site settings I have got an error message "File not found", but which file? I said ok, I want to be clever, then I went to Event Log where I found error message from Sharepoint: "Error: Failure in loading assembly: Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" after crawling for a while I found the solution (and cause).

When You edit Your web.config using nice IIS pluggedin editor, this editor add namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0" which is wrong here for some reasons. Just remove this namespace and be happy You have fixed Your problem.

2 comments:

hey man, how did you found this out? you just saved me from bitting my nails off..
thanks for this post. much appreciated.
Zoltan.

April 06, 2009  

Hi,

Crawling on the web and putting information from different places in one piece. I am pleased it helped You also.

Rafal

April 30, 2009  

Newer Post Older Post Home